Vision, Mission and Targets
The Vision of the University:
- Acquiring the latest globally-generated, scientific and technological information and offering it to the public by reproduction;
- Training young people who have internalized the main principals of the Republic and the Reforms of Atatürk to be ready for international competition;
- Contributing to the development of the private sector, and maintaining industry-university cooperation;
- Thus accelerating the economic, social and cultural development of Turkey.
The Mission of the University:
- Educates qualified, entrepreneurial human power ready for the global competition required by Turkey;
- Offers a educational environment that brings analytic thinking skills to the students, promoting their creativity;
- Provides the infrastructure and environment required for scientists conducting research and producing publications at world standards,
- Is aware of national values, social issues, and which find solutions.
Achieving Universal Quality Standards within Education
TOBB Economy and Technology University is a candidate to be one of the most important gateways for Turkey in opening to the outside world and for the outside world to enter Turkey. Among the first choices of successful young people during the establishment process, our university aims to educate its students as individuals producing information and solving problems. Serving as an alternative to studying abroad is among our priority objectives. Being a participatory and authentic education model by maintaining industry-university cooperation, achieving universal quality standards within education, contributing to the national economy by making technological inventions and ensuring the development of the technological infrastructure are also among the main objectives of our university. Our graduates also will enjoy the advantages of having gained work experience during their studies..
Playing an Active Role through Our Vision in Structuring Turkey's Future
Shaping Turkey's future is among the leading objectives of TOBB ETU. Our university considers educating creative and entrepreneurial human power producing genuine and universal information, and offering the information to the public interest as the greatest contribution to Turkey's future. Receiving the financial-moral support of the TOBB, which is the biggest non-governmental organization in Turkey with 1,200,000 thousand members, TOBB ETU has the power to achieve these objectives.
Being a Globally Known Research Base in Turkey
TOBB ETU seeks to become one of the most significant technological and economic research centers in Turkey. With the goal of bringing Turkish scientists who have achieved great success abroad back to Turkey, TOBB ETU focuses on ways to reverse the brain migration. For this purpose, apart from student laboratories, science laboratories are being established. The objectives of our University in terms of research and development policies are as follows:
- the development of the country;
- the economic, social and cultural improvement of the community;
- producing technology, transferring it quickly at low cost and implementing this technology to the conditions of Turkey;
- The effective use of the natural, financial and manpower resources of our nation.
TOBB Economy and Technology University, both for developing the applied training possibilities of the students and in order to carry out the social responsibilities required by being a university more effectively, has established special training, research and application centers. Within this framework, our university pays attention to carrying out joint studies with the Science and Technology Supreme Board, YÖK, TÜBİTAK and other national and international universities.
Our university also aims to have close cooperation with international research institutions and universities regarding R&D and thus maintaining the information exchange quickly, effectively and at low cost.