TOBB ETU Continuing Education Center
The Continuing Education, Research and Application Centre of TOBB Economy and Technology University has awarded about 10.000 people by means of its educational program throughout Turkey since 2006.
Today, technologies are progressively getting advanced and complexed. As for markets, they have an international structure. All of these changes make the purposes, structures and behaviours of organisations insufficient in long-term and make it difficult for them to adapt themselves to their environment. Survival of organisations and continuing their successes depends of their renewal and having a management structure which can make outward-oriented strategies and which is open to innovations. The individuals who constitute the managerial staff who are the pushing brain of organisations must be educated so that they can use the most advanced technologies of today, conceive the changes by means of foreseeing the future and take the effective economic decisions.
The Continuing Education, Research and Application Centre of TOBB Economy and Technology University (TOBB CEC) shows activities so as to provide education, consulting, application and researches for meeting the needs of individuals and organisations of all sizes, especially SME, in the sector. Having an aim of giving education which are of high importance for individuals, institutions and the community, TOBB ETÜ CEC adopts the principal of providing scientific approach, reliable and neutral information with the high-quality approach.
Aiming the cooperation between the University and Industrial institutions, TOBB ETÜ-CEC provides the programs for having a job for the students who improve themselves and gives educational programs which educate high- quality students in accordance with the demands of employer, well-equipped with skills of contemporary needs. Especially in our country which is in accession process to EU, we are making preparation to give accredited educational programs which are acceptable in the whole world so as to educate students who have high knowledge and skills and who will have opportunity to find a job in the whole world.
The education is given by the educational staff consisting of the Instructors of TOBB ETÜ- CEC as well as the sectoral processions. As well as the theoretical information, there are also applied workshops, sample cases ad case studies. The educational environment and opportunities are provided by the ETÜ-CEC at the class-rooms of TOBB Economy and Technology University, and all of our class-rooms are equipped with barcovision and computers. Every kind of technology is provided so that the education in the class-rooms is given computer-aided. Although the class-rooms have the capacity for 56 students, the quota for each class-room is 25 students because mainly applied education is given.
Determining the need for qualitative labour force in the working
areas in our country, determining the new working areas which may come into
being during the development process of our country, organising the
certificates providing programs which given opportunity to have a qualitative
job, providing new educational programs for the students who want to improve
themselves in different fields after the university education, introducing
technologies to the business world which is changing and developing everyday
and let them have knowledge and skills for this purpose, making it possible to
give education to more people with the visual, audial, distance or direct education
models, making cooperation with the domestic and foreigner persons ad entities.
- Teaching the technology which is advancing rapidly to the people working in the public sector or the private sector as well as the undergraduate and master's degree programs in the university.
- Educating the qualified personnel who meet the requirements of the employer, well-equipped with good qualifications and increasing the employment rate
- Disciple the personnel who have high-level knowledge and skills and who can be employed anywhere in the world
- Provide the required environment for those who have not had opportunity to have education so that they improve themselves and renew their knowledge
- Disciple the persons who can take charge voluntarily and encourage the works in this area
- Conduct activities which will ease the life of the disabled people and reintegrate them into society
- Provide vocational education opportunity after high schools, give educational programs in vocational and similar courses in parallel to scientific and ethnological advancement and make the university get integrity with the community by means of its developing the cooperation with public and private sector, national as well as the international organisations.